To SEARCH by title or subject, use the search engine of the RESOURCES section of our website.
- Feb 2015: Moving ahead: The economic impact of reducing physical inactivity and sedentary behaviour
- Apr 2015: Adolescent girls' motivation to engage in various physical activity environments
- May 2015: Exploring the impact of community investment in recreation spaces on health equity and physical activity
- After May 2015, content for this publication was merged with our other publication, WellSpring
- Feb 2014: Can physical activity prevent depression?
- May 2014: Physical activity preferences for people with Type 2 diabetes
- Jul 2014: Physical activity following pregnancy in women at risk for cardiovascular disease
- Nov 2014: Parental perceptions of the Canadian Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for the Early Years
- Dec 2014: The WHY ACT NOW (Wellness and Health in Youth-Aboriginal Communities in Transition NOW) project
Research Update issues prior to 2014 are available in PDF only.
- Feb 2013: Developing strategies to promote physical activity to older adults in rural areas
- May 2013: Using evidence-based approaches in recreation program planning for children and youth
- Aug 2013: Mothers' physical activity experiences participating in team sports
- Nov 2013: The impact of athletic magazine images on active male consumers
- Mar 2012: Sitting and sedentary behaviours: A public health problem?
- Mar 2012: Innovations in knowledge translation: the SPHERU KT Casebook
- Jun 2012: Yoga for cancer survivors
- Jun 2012: Healthy lifestyles in people with Type 2 diabetes: The effect of environmental factors
- Sep 2012: Facilitators and barriers to unstructured free play in rural communities in northern Alberta
- Sep 2012: Confronting health disparities: University of Regina promotes sports for life and Aboriginal youth leadership camp
- Dec 2012: How effective are web-based programs in increasing physical activity?
- Dec 2012: A snapshot of Regina's organizations at work on the determinants of community well-being
- Mar 2011: Taking steps to improve health by walking
- Mar 2011: "Ocanku Duta Amani" or paths to living well for Aboriginal youth in Saskatchewan
- Jun 2011: Using local sports facilities more effectively to promote physical activity
- Jun 2011: Examining the effect of food accessibility and availability on glycemic control and BMI in people with Type 2 diabetes
- Sep 2011: Healthy eating and active living for diabetes in primary care networks
- Sep 2011: Using urban design to improve children's health - The Smart Cities, Healthy Kids Study
- Dec 2011: Outside looking in: A recreational youth development program for Aboriginal youth
- Dec 2011: Challenges in meeting diabetes nutrition recommendations in an elderly population
- Mar 2010: Healthy hearts: Physical activity, fitness & obesity in Alberta youth
- Mar 2010: Examining the prevalence of today's chronic diseases - How did we get here?
- Jun 2010: Community leaders' perspectives on building healthier neighbourhoods in urban settings
- Jun 2010: Using motivational interviewing to encourage people with diabetes to increase physical activity
- Sep 2010: Using computer-tailored messages to increase physical activity of Dutch citizens
- Sep 2010: Evaluating chronic disease self-management in northern Saskatchewan
- Dec 2010: Physical activity levels related to an urban bicycle sharing program: BIXI Montreal
- Dec 2010: Examining barriers to healthy eating for people with Type 2 diabetes
- Apr 2009: Sitting Less: An Important Ingredient in our Recipe for Health
- Apr 2009: Osteoporosis: Improving Screening and Management Strategies
- Jul 2009: Facilitating Physical Activity Among Women with Breast Cancer
- Jul 2009: Developing BANKS, a Nutrition Survey for Canadians
- Sep 2009: Body Satisfaction Among Middle-aged, Overweight and Obese Adults Over a 16-Week Walking or Fitness Centre Program
- Sep 2009: The Impact of Physical Inactivity on Canadian Health Care
- Dec 2009: Addressing Aboriginal Women's Body Image Through a School-university Partnership
- Dec 2009: The Impact of Physical Inactivity on Canadian Health Care
- Mar 2008: Shift Workers: Scheduling Efficacy and Physical Activity
- Mar 2008: First Nations Health Development Project: Tools for Program Planning and Evaluation
- Jun 2008: Cardiovascular Reactivity: How it Relates to Stress About Exercising
- Jun 2008: The PANDA Project: Helping People with Diabetes Lead Healthier Lives
- Sep 2008: In Their Shoes: What Girls Think About Physical Activity
- Sep 2008: Helping Rural Youth Live Healthier
- Dec 2008: How Health Promoters can Compete with Commercial Advertising
- Dec 2008: Treating Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Children
- Mar 2007: Good Intentions: Using a Corrective Entreaty to Predict Physical Activity
- Mar 2007: Improving End of Life Care for Aboriginal Families
- Jun 2007: Promoting a Healthy Body Image Through Physical Activity
- Jun 2007: Hunger on Campus: Understanding Food Insecurity in Post-Secondary Students
- Sep 2007: How Active are Older Adults? Results of a Study Using Accelerometers
- Sep 2007: Historical Record Sheds Light on Diabetes Epidemic in the Aboriginal Population
- Dec 2007: Neighbourhood Design: How Does It Affect Children's Physical Activity?
- Dec 2007: Using Critical Analysis Skills to Evaluate a Debate on Osteoporosis
- Mar 2006: Promoting Physical Activity for Post-natal Mothers: The Role of Self-regulatory Efficacy
- Mar 2006: Understanding the Early Years Study: Program and Policy Improvements for Children
- Jun 2006: Dog Ownership and Regular Walking
- Jun 2006: Decisions, Decisions...Fries With or Without Gravy, a Muffin or an Apple? Brown Bag Lunch or Buy?
- Sep 2006: A Strategy for Increasing Physical Activity in Sedentary Populations
- Sep 2006: Importance of Screening Pregnant Women for Depression
- Dec 2006: Walking 10,000 Steps/day: Are There Benefits?
- Dec 2006: The Role of Food Supplements in Preventing Chronic Disease
- Mar 2005: NUDGE Project (Neighbourhood Urban Design to Gain Exercise!)
- Mar 2005: Young Canadian Aboriginal Women's Feelings About Their Bodies
- Jun 2005: Leisure-time Physical Activity (LTPA) Among Albertan Adults, 2000 to 2005
- Jun 2005: Healthy Growth in Children Toolkit: Translating Public Policy into Frontline Practice
- Sep 2005: Adolescent Physical Activity: Reasons for Relapse
- Sep 2005: Using Online Communications Technologies to Network Front-Line Health-Care Workers through Space and Time
- Dec 2005: Highlights of the 2005 Physical Activity Survey: Understanding the Role of Determinants in Physical Activity Behaviour
- Dec 2005: Communicating Health Messages
- Mar 2004: Depression as a Barrier to Older Adult Participation in Physical Activity
- Mar 2004: Evaluating the G8 Commitment to Health and Development
- Jun 2004: Highlights from the Ever Active Adults (EAA) Evaluation Report
- Jun 2004: Fructose: an Obesity Culprit?
- Sep 2004: An Environmental Scan of Workplace Wellness Programs in Alberta
- Sep 2004: How do Family and Neighbourhood Characteristics Contribute to Raising Healthy Children?
- Dec 2004: The Exercise Tolerance Test
- Dec 2004: Preventing Eating Disorders in Alberta: "Making the Most of ME"
- Mar 2003: The Sociocultural and Biological Reasons for the Weight of Cree Children
- Mar 2003: Current Lifestyle Behaviours and Health-related Quality of Life in Breast, Colorectal, and Prostate Cancer Survivors
- Jun 2003: Perceived Access to Physical Activity Facilities in Urban Areas
- Jun 2003: Working with the Givens: Philosophy and Experience in Collaboration
- Sep 2003: Interpersonal Context of Adolescents' Sport Motivation
- Sep 2003: First Nations Health Development: Tool for Program Planning and Evaluation
- Dec 2003: Highlights of the 2002 Alberta Survey on Physical Activity
- Dec 2003: Sorting Through Recent Developments in Dietary Advice for Weight Loss
- Jan 2002: Female Body Building: The Discursive Production of the Female Form
- Jan 2002: Consent Issues in School-based Health Research
- Mar 2002: Preventing Chronic Disease: A Little Bit Goes a Long Way
- Mar 2002: Physical Activity and the Primary Prevention of Cancer
- Jun 2002: What Do Theory, Research, Education & Policy have to do with Active Aging?...Everything!
- Jun 2002: The Multicultural Cancer Prevention Project
- Sep 2002: Effect of Exercise on Self-esteem: Is it Global or Domain-specific?
- Sep 2002: Healthy Public Policy or Hollow Political Prose: How Much Progress Have We Really Made?
- Dec 2002: "Although I Chase After Kids, I'm Not Really Active": Exploring Everyday Talk in Discourse & the Implications for Physical Activity Participation
- Dec 2002: Nutrition and Physical Activity: Great Partners in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Mar 2001: Outcome of Injury Among Female Recreational Ice Hockey Players
- Mar 2001: The Tomorrow Project (Alberta Population-based Cohort Study)
- Jun 2001: Physical Activity Participation in Seniors' Lodges: Barriers and Facilitators
- Jun 2001: Women's Cervical Cancer Screening Knowledge, Attitudes and Behaviours
- Sep 2001: Effect of Resistance Training on Bone Strength in Women: A Quantitative Review
- Sep 2001: Skin Cancer Prevention Activities in Alberta -- An Environmental Scan
- Mar 2000: Does Social Inclusion Predict Self-Concept?
- Mar 2000: The Burden of Ovarian Cancer
- Jun 2000: Physical Activities Available in Alberta Schools
- Jun 2000: Organized Sport Participation and Psychosocial Well-Being in Adolescents Following Cancer Diagnosis
- Sep 2000: Availability of Physical Activity Programs in Alberta Senior Lodges: A Pilot Study
- Sep 2000: Breast Cancer InfoLink, Prairies/NWT: Lessons Learned from the Breast Cancer Information Exchange Project
- Dec 2000: Canada's Physical Activity Guide to Healthy Active Living: Whazz Up?
- Dec 2000: The Power of Good Research Database Design: Alberta Cancer Genetics Program (ACGP) Epidemiology Database
- Jan 1999: Availability of Physical Activity Programs in Alberta Nursing Homes
- Jan 1999: Monitoring for Occupational Cancer Risks in Alberta
- Mar 1999: Physical Education Enrolment at the Secondary Level in Alberta
- Mar 1999: Alberta Men's Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices and Information Needs about Prostate Cancer and PSA Testing
- Jun 1999: 1999 Alberta Survey on Physical Activity: Stages of Physical Activity Behaviour
- Jun 1999: Physical Activity and Risk of Breast Cancer
- Sep 1999: The Effect of Pretesting on Feeling States and Self-Efficacy in Acute Exercise
- Sep 1999: Analysis of Cancer Survival Statistics in Alberta
- Dec 1999: Stage of Change Transitions of Physical Activity Behaviour: A Prospective Study of a Representative Population
- Dec 1999: Vegetables and Fruit: The 1999 Alberta Nutrition: Knowledge, Attitudes & Behaviours Survey
- Jan 1998: 1997 Alberta Survey on Physical Activity: Stages of Physical Behaviour
- Jan 1998: Alberta Consortium for Health Promotion Research and Education
- Apr 1998: Barriers to Physical Activity: Are there enough hours in a day?
- Apr 1998: Dentist and Patient Perceptions of Smoking Cessation Services in Dental Offices
- Jun 1998: Physical Education in Alberta Schools: A Proposed Study
- Jun 1998: Evaluation of Workshops to Enhance Planning and Evaluation Skills
- Oct 1998: Epidemiology of Female Recreational Ice Hockey Injuries
- Oct 1998: Physical Exercise and Quality of Life Following Colorectal Cancer Surgery
- Mar 1997: Development and Assessment of a Field Intervention to Encourage Positive Lifestyle Behaviours in Adults
- Mar 1997: Breast Screening Behaviours in Alberta: An Update
- Jun 1997: The Effect of Physical Activity on Self-Concept: A Meta-Analysis
- Jun 1997: Canadian Enhanced Cancer Surveillance Program: A Summary of the National Project and Alberta's Participation
- Sep 1997: Results from the Alberta Schools' Athletic Association Survey
- Sep 1997: A National Research Network - Bridging the Gap Between Behavioural Science and Cancer
- Mar 1996: Physical Activity and Older Albertans: Results from the National Survey on Aging and Independence
- Mar 1996: Spring Skiing and Sunburn
- Jun 1996: Organized Sport and Regular Physical Activity Participation in a Sample of Canadian Students
- Jun 1996: Exploration of Primary Care Practices and Issues Relating to Screening for Prostate Cancer
- Sep 1996: Rate and Frequency of Sport and Recreational Injuries: Results from the 1995 Alberta Sport and Recreation Injury Survey
- Sep 1996: Cancer in Canada's Children and Teenagers
- Dec 1996: Nature and Bodily Location of Sport and Recreational Injuries: Results from the 1995 Alberta Sport and Recreation Injury Survey, Part II
- Dec 1996: Development and Testing of the Lifetime Total Physical Activity Questionnaire
- Mar 1995: Profile of Teen Health Risk Behaviours
- Mar 1995: Improving Information and Communication About Breast Cancer
- Jun 1995: The Effect of Tobacco Taxes on Tobacco Consumption: Alberta 1985 - 1994
- Sep 1995: Assessing the Stages of Physical Activity Behaviour of Albertans
- Sep 1995: Perception vs Reality: Deciding when to cover up in the sun
- Dec 1995: Physical Activity in the School System
- Dec 1995: Assessing the Needs of Tobacco Practitioners in Rural Alberta
- Jan 1994: Behavioural Change and Smoking Cessation
- Jan 1994: Is There Really a Non-smoking Future for Canadians
- Jun 1994: Smoking Reduces the Lifespan in the Canadian Population
- Jun 1994: What Does Cancer Mean to Young Albertans?
- Jul 1994: Is the Message Getting Across? The definitional effectiveness of the ACTIVE LIVING slogan
- Jul 1994: The Dental Team as Tobacco Counsellors
- Sep 1994: The Case for Incorporating Physical Activity Into One's Lifestyle
- Sep 1994: Smoking Cessation Contests: An Effective Public Health Strategy
- Dec 1994: Classification of Sports - a guide for the recreational athlete
- Dec 1994: Breast Cancer Screening - Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behaviours Among Alberta Women
- Mar 1993: An Action Research Approach to Workplace Health: Integrating Methods
- Mar 1993: Cancer Me??…An Application of the Stage of Change Model to a Worksite Based Cancer Prevention Program
- May 1993: Physical Exercise/Fitness as an Independent Risk Factor for Cardiovascular Disease in Men
- May 1993: Why Worry About Skin Cancer?
- Jul 1993: Wellness Issues Related to Physical Activity-A World-Wide Problem
- Jul 1993: What Are Albertans Doing in the Sun?
- Dec 1993: The Role of Multi-Faceted Self-Conceptions in Physical Activity and Physical Fitness
- Dec 1993: What Does "Cancer" Mean to Young Albertans?