Oct 1 - 31 | across Canada | by Excellence Canada
It all begins with you.
Happiness is a healthy workplace. Fostering a healthy workplace is the responsibility of both employers and employees.
The goals of Canada's Healthy Workplace Month® (CHWM) are to
Increase awareness of the need for a comprehensive approach to workplace health in Canada that is influenced by the four elements of a healthy workplace:
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Workplace Culture and Mental Health
- Physical Environment
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Provide healthy workplace tools, resources and best practice examples to help organizations create healthy workplaces with benefits for employees and themselves
Increase the number of healthy workplaces in Canada
For more information, visit Canada's Healthy Workplace Month website.
CAL resources for promoting physical activity in the workplace
Our website has information, research and resources to assist you with promoting physical activity in the workplace. Here are a few examples:
- Physical Activity for Decision-makers. This fact sheet supports decision-makers with ways to integrate physical activity in their communities through educational and policy opportunities.
- Using wellness ambassadors: A success story for promoting workplace health (WellSpring, June 2018)
- Increasing physical activity and decreasing sedentary behaviour in the workplace. CAL completed a systematic review on workplace interventions that focus on increasing physical activity, reducing sedentary behaviour, or both.
- CAL's Workplace Physical Activity Policy. As an organization dedicated to increasing physical activity in Alberta, we are committed to creating and maintaining an organizational culture that encourages and supports daily physical activity among employees.
- CAL Resources section > select Workplaces in the Categories field. Examples of resources: Move more, sit less - workplace evaluation toolkit; Sit kicker; Promoting active living and active commuting in Alberta's workplaces; Worksite walkability audit tool
- Physical Activity @ Work website. Improve your workplace by bringing physical activity into the workday. This user-friendly website helps employers, employees, workplace wellness coordinators and human resources advisors encourage physical activity @ work.