Workshops: Dec 2019 and Jan 2020
Are you a parent with a child ages 3-5 and interested in physical literacy? The U of A is currently recruiting parents who live in the Edmonton area to participate in a research study, as well as be a part of a physical literacy workshop. The 75-minute workshop will take place at Saville Community Sports Centre (11610 65 Ave NW) with multiple date options in early December and January. A $30 goody bag of active play equipment/ resources will be provided at the workshop.
To be eligible you must:
- Live within Edmonton, Alberta and surrounding areas
- Have a child aged 3-5 years
What does participation involve? You will:
- Be randomly assigned to one of two groups
- Complete two 10-minute questionnaires
- Attend a free 75-minute parent workshop
- Depending on group, participate in a 10-minute interview 2 months after the workshop
What are the benefits of participating?
- Free workshop
- Become more confident in engaging in physical activity with your preschool child to build their physical literacy
- Take home a goody bag with approximately $30 worth of active play equipment/resources
Are you interested in participating?
To learn more about the study, contact Madison Predy at [email protected] or 780-492-2931.
Ethics Project #: 00093764